This post is sponsored by Hauser Chem-Dry.
No really, what’s on that!? Because I genuinely do not know.
When we moved into our new home a little over a year ago, I purchased a *giant* area rug to cover a large space where my children would play. I was really pleased with my new rug (super great price!) and thought it really added so much coziness and a comfortable vibe to our new home.
This new play area became our ‘spot’ in the house. The room is bright, sunny and spacious. Morning, noon and night you can find me hanging, playing, working – and yes – eating, while my toddler and baby play.
My son was a newborn at the time. Who knew newborns grow and learn to crawl? Also, my little guy was a pretty urpy baby. Paired with the fact my daughter loved to carry her snacks around…our beautiful new rug became ground zero for all the germs and all the gross that you could possibly think of. I’m a clean and tidy person by nature. However with two small children at home, our crumb game is strong. We try to keep things under control with regular cleaning, but I was beginning to wonder what was lingering in our play area rug.
I decided it might be time to call in the professionals. I called Hauser Chem-Dry and they came to our house a week later to give my rug a deep clean. Oh, the things I learned from them!
Aksel, the owner of Hauser Chem-Dry was professional, courteous and quick. I was very interested in the entire process and he was gracious enough to allow me to watch and also ask a million questions.
The first thing Aksel did was to check the type of rug we had to ensure that he would use the right treatment, solution and machinery on our rug. Next he sprayed the entire rug with a solution (and it smelled so nice! Clean and fresh.) The mist was really fine and I was surprised to witness how neat and tidy this part of the process was. Next, Aksel used a special rug cleaning tool that gave the rug an incredible scrub. Due to the nature of their extraction machine, it pulls out so much of the moisture used in cleaning the rug that it was dry less than an hour later. I was impressed.
Here’s what else I learned:
- Hauser Chem-Dry (“Chem” stands for chemistry, not chemicals. Interesting!) is a family owned and operated company that have been servicing the SE Minnesota for the last 30 years. We ❤️ local!
- Their cleaning process and most of the products they use are certified Green. The main cleaning solution they use (The Natural) has an FDA Rating as G.R.A.S. (Generally Regarded as Safe).
- They use a Hot Carbonated Cleaning process that uses no harmful soaps or surfactants (the stuff that makes soap foam), and when used in their Healthy Home cleaning package removes 98% of allergens from carpets and upholstery as well as 89% of airborne bacteria, improving the indoor air quality. (This was particularly fascinating to me. A yucky carpet and furniture can affect air quality!)
- In addition to Carpet Cleaning, Hauser Chem-Dry provides: Upholstery Cleaning – both fabric as well as leather; fine area & oriental rug cleaning in their rug plan; tile and grout cleaning on floors and showers; and granite counter-top cleaning.
- They provide urine removal that they guarantee to work as well as be safe for both children and pets to be around.
- Hauser Chem-Dry has a Platinum rating with The Carpet and Rug Institute which is the highest level for a cleaning system they give.
Ultimately, I was so impressed with service, process and their offerings that I plan to utilize more of their services this summer as we head into the fall and winter when yuck and muck is tracked into our home. Our family is also particular about ensuring that the ingredients and products we use in our home are safe for our children: it is so re-assuring to know that this is also a value of Hauser Chem-Dry.
Who knew having a clean area rug would bring such peace of mind! It was great having my kids play in a space that was so clean and fresh. I’ll probably never know what’s on the rug…but now I know I don’t have to worry!